Monday, August 18, 2008

I find it slightly ironic that this post is similar to the last and it has been quite some time.

Today our new Program Director decided to change two light bulbs in our office. These two lights have been burnt out for over two years now (since I started at Bridge of Hope). They are indirect areas that don't need much light to begin with (or so I thought).

He found some light bulbs in his office and switched them out.

I had never seen the office with these lights on because I never changed the light bulbs while there.

It's not that I'm lazy or don't know how to change a light bulb. I don't need a man to change light bulbs for me. I think I didn't change them because they were out when I got there and no one else seemed to mind. I assumed that this was how things were done in the office...those lights just weren't turned on because there was no need.

But wow! When the lights were turned on today it was a wonderful change! It changed a lot.

When the lights were turned off again (to compare) I was amazed at how dark it became and how that was something I was just used to and tolerated because I didn't expect anything different.

That was a "light bulb" moment for me...I guess you could call it.

Sometimes we don't know how dark and area of our life is until light is shining through. And when the light is taken away we are reminded just how dark it can be and how dreary life is without that light.

1 Jn 1:5-10
This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. 6If we claim to have fellowship with him yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth. 7But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all[b] sin.

8If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.

No comments: