Friday, September 11, 2009

"The Narrative of My Life"

I was talking with someone yesterday and mentioned a random moment in life from when Kristin's aunt and uncle were visiting. They are truck drivers, Christian, and her uncle is the stereotypical sight of a large, bald man wearing a Harley t-shirt (yes he also actually has a Harley). It was fun meeting them and talking about everything from how to make a layered brownie dessert to their adventures at the Grand Canyon.

At one point in the evening, her uncle left to get some things from Walmart and I went upstairs to work on wedding details while Kristin and her aunt were talking in the kitchen. About 15 minutes later I hear this booming deep voice yelling up the stairs, "HEY EMILY!! WHAT WOULD YOU DO FOR A KLONDIKE BAR??" Haha. Apparently he bought some Klondike Bars while at Walmart and thought he would offer one and try to scare me at the same time. (this was a rhetorical question and not one that he really wanted an answer to).

My friend (who I told this story to) said, "BAHAHAHAHA!!! i love the narrative of your life. can you start a blog? i think that would be awesome" - she tends to hear the more random happenings that go on, on a regular basis. She also happens to be the one making our wedding cake =)

Anyway, all that to say, I do have a blog I just don't write on it. Time is a little short right now.

On a serious note-
My brother, sister-in-law, and niece are coming home from SouthEast Asia tomorrow!!! I haven't seen them for over a year and a half and I have yet to meet my beautiful niece who was born in the beginning of May. They will be here through the wedding and the holidays and I am so excited to see them. I'm sure a few pictures will be posted. Where is that camera anyway?

No comments: