Monday, September 3, 2007

Expectations

My expectations were not quite met this weekend. I was challenged in different ways than expected. I was blessed in ways that I didn't see coming.

A random trip to the beach to visit a friend.
Sweet time with friends at Prince St.
A day in the car and in Quakertown with some of my favorite people.

I feel like I am still in the place where I was three days ago, however. I had myself ready for some new changes this weekend that did not come through. A small piece of that hope has become just a little more dim and yet in some ways it is still very present. Vague I know, but personal.

I realize that my thoughts tonight mostly stem from a lack of sleep and from simple expectations that were not realized. I need to accept that and move on.

Tomorrow I step back into the real world.
I commit my expectant heart to a God who is bigger than my experiences.

No comments: