Thursday, June 28, 2007

Provision

Daily I am reminded that God provides more than I need. I joke about being rich, but truly I feel rich every day of my life.

Each time I get into my car that works well. Each time I put both of my cell phones in my bag. Each time I use our third bathroom or set my coffee maker to start brewing on its own in the morning.

And each time a woman sits in my office and gives me a look of despair, hoping that I have good news for them about finding housing or a mentoring group or acceptance into our program.

Today I met with a woman who does not know where she will be sleeping with her three children in 10 days. I also met with another woman who went through school only to get paid a meager salary that will not be enough to support her and her two boys.

I don't know how or if God will provide for these women the way I think He should. They do not trust Him, they do not know Him, they do not want to be associated with Him. Does God promise provision to those who do not seek Him?

Matthew 6:25-34
"...For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you."

"So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own."
God I don't even know how to trust you in this right now. I know that you will provide. I have seen You do it many times before. I feel underqualified to be making these kinds of decisions.
"...for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him" -6:8

No comments: