Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A shout out to men who love Jesus.

I will post fun pictures and details of my recent engagement soon...I promise.

But first - tonight - I just wanted to give a quick shout out to the men in my life and the men who I have not met that love Jesus and respect their sisters in Christ.

Tonight I did a House Blessing for a mother of two little boys. I have written a couple of posts on this family before. She came out of a very controlling and abusive marriage. Her group was hand crafted from God and each mentor has a unique role in this woman's past, present, and/or future.

At the end of the evening this woman was just sharing with a few of the mentors about a difficult process she is about to begin to battle her husband on custody issues. She shared that her oldest boy often comes back from his visits with dad a very different person. He says things like, "Jesus doesn't love me" and "I don't want to pray tonight". This is out of character for him this mom is struggling with how to talk to her son about this.

When I left the House Blessing I walked out of the apartment building with another mentor who is in her early-50's. As she held the door for me and I walked past I noticed tears forming in her eyes. She looked at me and said,

"Oh Emily. It is just so sad to hear her talk about things like that. I am so thankful for a husband who loves me and treats me well. I'm going to go home and tell him how much I love him."

It is moments like that when I thank God for the opportunity to facilitate these relationships between mentors and families. I am grateful for the men who are in my life and have positive, healthy relationships.

May we love each other in a manner worthy of our calling in Christ. May we look at each woman and man that we meet as sisters and brothers, as people that we are called and led to love.

No comments: