Thursday, November 27, 2008

Change is coming...

Yes, change is coming...big change.

I don't know what I'm expecting to happen exactly and even if I did know, only God can see what is ahead. But regardless, I was struck with the realization that big changes are coming. One of my roommates got engaged this past weekend. I did expect that. I didn't realized until it actually happened, however, that this would start the process of change in my world.

Over the past two years I have grown quite comfortable in life. I have a challenging, rewarding, and overwhelming job. I have three incredible women that I live with who are absolutely hilarious. I have often thought in our moments of hilarity, "my husband is going to have a lot to love up to after this!" They are also very encouraging to me emotionally and spiritually. Most weekends I travel to Philly and spend time with a boyfriend who is more than I could have ever asked God for. We also do all kinds of crazy random things with great friends and a solid church. My brother and his wife announced that they are pregnant with a girl and I am now an aunt!

Life is difficult at times, don't get me wrong. I have seen some dark days and have waded through some waters that I didn't want to cross over the past two years. I have had some transitions in the lives of my family and my home church that were heavy on the soul. I don't enjoy feeling like I live in two different cities, with two completely different sets of friends and two different churches. I don't enjoy only seeing my boyfriend for maybe 2 days a week and needing to make an effort to get away from 'life' and get some moments to ourselves.

But when I look at the whole picture, in perspective (my job is great for that!)...I absolutely love my life. Life seems to be fluid, however, and will change. One or more of my roommates will move out this year - house dynamics will be much different I'm sure. Work will change as we bring in more families and some of my families will graduate from the program.

As I brace myself for changes to come, the good and the bad, I cling to the knowledge that my God is far ahead of me and can see what is coming. He knows my needs before they come. While His provision does not always look like I expect or desire, He provides nonetheless.

Don’t love money; be satisfied with what you have.
For God has said,
I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.”
So we can say with confidence,
“The Lord is my helper, so I will have no fear.
What can mere people do to me?"
Remember your leaders who taught you the word of God.
Think of all the good that has come from their lives, and follow the example of their faith.
Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

No comments: