Monday, July 16, 2007

Ask...

It is easy to go through life and wish for things that I don't have. It is easy to envision myself in a different life, with an easier road, or simply more resources. It is easy to yearn for companionship, to desire respect, to seek contentment.

It is not always easy to ask for these things.

Asking means the possibility of not receiving. There is a chance that God will say 'no'. If He says no, I will tell myself that He knows what He is doing and that I was probably asking out of selfish ambition. But in my heart I will feel disappointment. I will lose an ounce of faith in the power of prayer - my questions will grow. How does a person keep their faith strong and pure? The need for faith would be defeated if our prayers were answered the way we wanted everytime.

No comments: